McGuireWoods LLP has an immediate need for a OST/Desktop Support Technician in our Baltimore, MD location. The On-Site Support Technician is primarily responsible for assisting firm personnel in the use of PC hardware and software. Working with the other areas in Information Technology, the On-Site Support Technician will work to ensure that technology is used appropriately and effectively throughout the area they are assigned to.
McGuireWoods LLP is a global law firm with a legacy reaching back more than 175 years. We are strong in the traditional legal practices such as litigation and corporate law, but we are also leaders in rapidly expanding fields such as data privacy and security, the life sciences, private equity, and
healthcare, among many others. We offer the opportunity to grow through an extensive range of legal practice areas and industries, and to work in locations around the world. Perhaps the most attractive aspect of joining our firm is the opportunity to work with our lawyers and leaders, all of whom reflect the value McGuireWoods places on experience, talent and diversity. For more information, please visit www.mcguirewoods.com.
• Interfaces directly with all assigned Firm personnel to provide solutions to technology software application issues.
• Set-up and support internal and external meetings, presentations, conference calls and events as needed.
• Identifies issues relating to the use of technology that are affecting clients and advises appropriate personnel.
• Performs, under the direction of technicians outside the Support Service group, additional duties including, but not limited to, relocating phones, network wiring, and server maintenance as needed.
• Participates in department-wide projects such as hardware/software rollouts, office moves, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
• Maintains technical currency in all Level One software packages as well as with all supported hardware systems. Maintains technical currency with Level Two software packages necessary to support assigned Firm personnel.
• Minimum of 2 years supporting the use of industry standard Windows applications through on-site, help desk or technology training functions.
• Microsoft Windows 7 OS, Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Microsoft Office 2010 Suite (proficient) with emphasis on supporting Outlook and Word.
• Experience supporting iPhone, Android and BlackBerry devices.
• Experience troubleshooting hardware issues (laptop, desktop, printers, etc.) as well as virus and malware remediation.
Have more questions? Connect with a recruiter directly.